Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unwanted behaviour in Text layers
(03-01-2020, 09:22 PM)RrnR Wrote:
  • It just happened again, but the font size wasn't altered (I think), but the text box resized to become one long line - resizing it made the text wrap properly again.
  • When this occurs, the font name is replaced by "Standard" (in red) and the size to 11pt
  • I checked the setting of "Box" in the text tool option.  It is set to "Fixed".

The one long line will be what I earlier referred as 'formatting' Lots of text, without line breaks, in a dynamic box (probably). Resizing the text box using the handles changes the mode to 'Fixed'.

Does this happen with a brand new image and text you have just entered or does the file already exist ? A .xcf from maybe another computer or changes to the computer you normally use (updates / change of OS etc).

If the font used does not exist on your computer, all looks normal, until you click in the text layer. Then because font does not exist, defaults are substituted. If that happens you need to exit the file without saving, install the missing font and try again.

Messages In This Thread
Unwanted behaviour in Text layers - by RrnR - 03-01-2020, 08:15 PM
RE: Unwanted behaviour in Text layers - by RrnR - 03-01-2020, 09:22 PM
RE: Unwanted behaviour in Text layers - by rich2005 - 03-02-2020, 08:10 AM