Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom Brush Edge Transparency Artefacts
Hello,

newbie Gimp user here trying to learn how to do new things recently. I am making trying to make a custom image pipe actually and I am getting a problem with the semi transparent edges around my images.

Basically when using the image pipe as my brush the semi transparent pixels around the edge of the images are output randomly as anything from the true transparency to black. I fiddled with all setting and could not fix it. I noticed that just simply copying one of the images to clipboard and using that as the brush is creating the same artefacts. It's almost a random drop shadow effect, but I do not want this.

I attached an image showing the issue. I roughly copies in the image pipe images on the right hand side and the left is using it as a brush. I tried transparent and opaque background but the result was the same. You can see the problem most clearly on the 2s with the varying amount of blackness around the edges where there should be nothing but the blue color.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
Custom Brush Edge Transparency Artefacts - by PigletPants - 03-20-2020, 12:11 AM