Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Image sizing
I am a watercolour artist and I paint various elements to be included in a fabric pattern, the size of the patter is 8inches x 8inches.  When I take a photo of each image to put into Gimp they are all 3024 x 4032 or 42 inches x 56 inches.  I need to take each image and make it fit onto the 8inch x 8inch tile and then make it repeating.

I have no idea how to do this.  When I open a new file and make it 8inch x 8inch the images dont fit on to them. 

Also, when I do size down each image, (albeit with huge loss of resolution) I cant work out how to take the cut image (not the one with the box around it) and put it onto the relevant layer. 

I am really new to all this, and I use Youtube to see tutorials about how to do this kind of thing but they don't seem to cover this image sizing problem.   I think I must be doing something wrong so I just need to know if I am or if there is no way to do it.  

I am really just a watercolour artist trying to work out how to do this stuff in Gimp - I'm not a techie or someone who uses photoshop or any other program.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Messages In This Thread
Image sizing - by KATHYB - 04-14-2020, 08:09 AM
RE: Image sizing - by rich2005 - 04-14-2020, 09:45 AM
RE: Image sizing - by KATHYB - 04-14-2020, 11:13 PM
RE: Image sizing - by Ofnuts - 04-15-2020, 01:06 AM