Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do I create a "portal circle" from image?
Hey everyone, new here to the forum but have been using Gimp for 17 years (since I was 13)

I hope this is the right place to pose this question.

I had recently stumbled across a Photoshop tutorial (I know, taboo and heretical) but it displays how to create a square image and turn it into a specific style of a circle.

Normally that would be pretty easy, but it's the way the end product looks that I'm having trouble achieving in Gimp even with G'MIC. And it's been driving me crazy.

This is the video, the content I'm speaking on begins at 1:02 and ends at roughly 2:30

I'll attach an image to the sort of final result. It began as a square picture of some clouds that turned into an inward circle and I've been wracking my brain as to how I can achieve that effect in The Gimp.

Can anyone help me with this? Suggestions? Tips? Tutorials? Anything? (Again I'm new so I'm unsure if this is, in fact, the right place to be asking questions regarding tips and techniques inside of The Gimp but it seems to be from the other threads I noticed)

Thank you all so much for your time and help! I have some wild ideas I'd love to try if I can get this circular portal looking shape down.

Warm Regards,
AU:01

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
How do I create a "portal circle" from image? - by AngelUnit01 - 04-21-2020, 06:24 AM