Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How can a I make a palette colour transparent?
I have an indexed colour-mode picture. I am trying to rotate lots of little pieces of it. They all need to be rotated by 180 then returned to their original locations. It is very laborious. 

The process I am using it to elliptically highlight each little image inside the circle it appears in, then rotate it on the spot.

I have many problems causing to take far longer than I'd like.

One of them is that when I rotate an image on the spot it is sometimes no longer exactly where I'd like after it's rotated, so after the 180 degree rotate I then have to Move transform.

This is fine but hard to arrange each little symbol inside it's circle when it was nearly touching the sides before, any white I have selected overwrites the background. It would be better if I could select, rotate, move and paste with transparency so if I move the symbol close to its boundary the white area I have picked up with it doesn't overwrite the black background it's in.

I tried to set the white colour to transparent. When I do this is works until I have finished one manipulation and then want to flatten the image. When I do the transparent white becomes white again and I have to start the process again.

Can I just swap white in the palette for transparent so this doesn't happen? Or can I stop Gimp turning the transparent area back to white when I flatten it? Thank you.

Messages In This Thread
How can a I make a palette colour transparent? - by Vascillious - 04-24-2020, 06:15 PM