Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
change the default export setting of untitled.png
I have read your post several times and have to confess only understand maybe 40% of it.

however

1. Which version of linux and Desktop Enviroment (DE) are you using? Not all will easily show a jpeg file even if it is in the ~/Desktop folder. KDE5 DE (PLASMA) for example only likes widgets on the desktop.

Quote:I would like to change the default export setting of "Untitled.png" to "cover.jpg" and have it export on my desktop.

2. Assuming you can export an image to the desktop, say an initial blank image of the correct size for an album cover.
You can edit the gimp.desktop launcher file to start up with that image. Depending on the Linux and DE that might involve a text editor or some menu application.

[Image: HjNEfPg.jpg]

That is an xubuntu and the usual gimp command would be gimp-2.8 %U I changed that to point to the jpeg in my home desktop folder gimp-2.8 /home/rich/Desktop/cover.jpg

Start Gimp, it automatically opens cover.jpg, edit then when complete File -> Overwrite cover.jpg

3. Of course that is over complicated. An easier way will be have that file on your desktop. Right click -> Open with Gimp and edit then File -> Overwrite.

Messages In This Thread
RE: change the default export setting of untitled.png - by rich2005 - 06-09-2017, 06:08 PM