Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
change the default export setting of untitled.png
Quote:No not to start up with the image. and YES you can export to the desktop I do it all the time.

I asked that question because it is very much a Windows user 'thing' and believe it or not, that is not a given for some versions of linux desktop environment.

Quote:Ok I have multiple files in one file on my desktop from where I work on the new batch before moving them to where they will need to be.

That is you have the image files in a folder? on the desktop something like this (again a xubuntu VM, I can't easily do this in Kubuntu) Folder open on desktop, drag image into Gimp for editing.

[Image: x9uJhVR.jpg]

Quote:I download "export" the image to my desktop, then move it to the proper file when done and then move on to the next.
At the start up of gimp, the default to export is untitled.png and goes to download. I have to change it every time for the first one. to cover.jpg and go to the desktop.

That is the bit that reads strange to me, 
You edit the file in Gimp but then just want it on the desktop as 'cover.jpg' What happens to the original something.ext in the folder? abandoned? overwritten with the edited version?...

Quote:..can I change the default "export" to what I want so at the start up it's to my liking?
as cover.jpg and go to the desktop and NOT as it is now with untitled.png and goes to download
No.
The usual way is to add the folder to the open/save dialogue as ofnuts suggestion here:
https://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-Saving...63#pid1963

Or this little plugin might help, adapted from one I use for saving edited screenshots.

[Image: fJ1FYZk.jpg]

Find it in the Tools menu, You only need to set the destination 'Desktop' once per session.
It will export directly to the Desktop as cover.jpg 
Use it again and it will overwrite the previous version without confirmation.
It does mark the original file as 'clean' so when you close it there are no nags about saving.

Remember to unzip, it goes in your Gimp profile ~/.gimp-2.8/plug-ins it is already set as executable but check anyway.

Attached Files
.zip   save-cover.py.zip (Size: 591 bytes / Downloads: 143)

Messages In This Thread
RE: change the default export setting of untitled.png - by rich2005 - 06-10-2017, 05:39 PM