Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GIMP Taking Too Long to Start (Fonts)
(10-12-2017, 08:11 PM)Wortel Wrote:
(06-21-2017, 06:38 AM)rich2005 Wrote: I had a long reply prepared but on reflection, over the top.... snip...
Does Gimp start any quicker? Keep an eye on the splash and see if there is a delay on loading plug-ins or loading scripts

-f did the job

That only proves that there is a problem with one or more (or too many) fonts. You can draw but not add any text.

If you need to use fonts you will need to determine which ones are causing the bottleneck. Not so easy in Windows which installs in the blink of an eye, but does not always remove cleanly.

@Wortel, You have Linux as your OS, which version of linux and which version of Gimp?
Linux fonts should not be any problem, however those installed in root rather than your home directory (or partition) can be disabled with a font manager. While I use KDE the gnome font manager does the job. https://i.imgur.com/EmCIVa8.jpg lots disabled there.
Otherwise any fonts you add should go in ~/.fonts for use in all applications or ~/.gimp-2.8/fonts for use with Gimp. Lots of fonts for Gimp - Use Ofnuts resources manager.

Messages In This Thread
GIMP Taking Too Long to Start (Fonts) - by Seta - 06-20-2017, 10:26 PM
RE: GIMP Taking Too Long to Start (Fonts) - by rich2005 - 10-13-2017, 09:22 AM