Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Export to jpg stripping exif data sometimes.
I am editing pictures for publication on a naturalist web site.  Workflow is: open original which is a .jpg, crop it, maybe scale the result then export as a .jpg to a different directory.  Has been working OK but now processing a different batch of images and it is stripping the exif data from the export.  I am needing the creation date and GPS location but all is missing.  The metadata is visible within GIMP in the original image and in the cropped image but does not make it to the export.  Export options are the same for both batches as far as I can tell.  (Newbie user).

Two differences I am aware of, the files are older (2013)  compared with earlier batches (oldest 2018) and the camera is different.  As a data free observation, the age of the GPS data may be an issue, there has been a date rollover since the images were taken but I have no idea why GIMP can read the data but not write it.  Since I noticed this I have processed some more files in the more recent batch and these continue to process correctly.

Using GIMP 2.10.20 rev 1 on Windows 10.  I have read the help and searched this forum for topics on export but have not found this issue.

Messages In This Thread
Export to jpg stripping exif data sometimes. - by kaditcha - 08-06-2020, 04:46 AM