Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
gimp removes transparency from pasted image and turns background to black
As far as I know, there are various ways to use Gimp in a Chromebook
There is an old apk installer that uses a limited version of Gimp in a 'virtual machine' type wrapper. I do not suppose anyone uses that these days..but you never know.
The newer Chromebooks run a version of linux as a sub-system and the Chromebook user can install Gimp from a linux repository. You can find the Gimp version using the Gimp menu Help -> About.
There is an on-line version of Gimp. I think called XGimp This has no official connection with Gimp. No guarantee that it is a full implementation of Gimp.

Which one are you using? or is it something else.

Quote:..i want to paste different things to other images, but when i do this to anything transparent the transparency is completely removed and turns the transparent parts to black.

Paste into other images ? Other images open in Gimp or other images open in some other application. Different applications display "transparency" in different ways. Not always as a checker pattern, some might use white, some might use black.

Then there is image format. What are you using? png supports transparency but jpeg does not. Transparency gets replaced by a solid colour usually white but not always. Then gif format, can use transparency but it is limited to a color-map. Add a gif to another gif image can result in changes.

Give a bit more information, I know it is difficult using chromeos but try.

Messages In This Thread
RE: gimp removes transparency from pasted image and turns background to black - by rich2005 - 09-22-2020, 07:56 AM