Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbie Here
Been looking for a Gimp forum that's still alive. This one looks promising.  Wink

Just trying the forum out.
Background: Producing cartoons and illustrations since late 70s.
Been publishing cartoons drawn with GIMP for some time now. Still learning new tricks.

Cartoons appear in magazines, newspapers and T-shirts.

Sample attached, if I did it right. Nope...I see 500 kB limitation...try again...

I have built a master template that allows me to create various cartoon strips just by turning on/off layers.
Boxes are resized using a sliding vertical bar and I can add multiple boxes by again, manipulating layers. So, for each publication cycle, I'm not reinventing the wheel. I just sit down and go to town.

I started with PSP, but when Corel took over, that killed it for me. Photoshop is out of the question and not affordable. Thus, Linux.
Been trying the different flavors of Linux, but when I discovered Mint, instant love. Stable as a rock on my monster desktop computer. Super fast and now I'm so comfortable with Linux, I'm down to one WIN XP box that is only used to operate a large flat bed scanner.

I use to scan rough sketches in using my scanners, but now I just take a photo of my sketch and Bluetooth it into GIMP and use it as a scaleable background. I have digitizer pads and older Cintiq.

I'm also on FaceBook

-Harry

Messages In This Thread
Newbie Here - by Harry - 06-29-2017, 07:21 PM
RE: Newbie Here - by Ofnuts - 06-29-2017, 07:57 PM
RE: Newbie Here - by Harry - 06-29-2017, 09:12 PM
RE: Newbie Here - by Ofnuts - 06-29-2017, 10:43 PM
RE: Newbie Here - by Harry - 06-29-2017, 10:50 PM
RE: Newbie Here - by Ofnuts - 06-29-2017, 11:09 PM