Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Erase / remove borders from a table (scanned pdf)
A technique with one of my scripts: ofn-path-filter-strokes that you will find there.

1. Do a color selection on the text (using black of course). This selects the text, and the table
  2. Select>To path. This creates a path where each "stroke" encloses an area of white or black
  3. When you look at your page, the areas inside the strokes generated by the grid are much larger than the areas of the strokes generated by the text.
  4. Enters the script, that can filter strokes on various size criteria, one of them being area.
  5. Your text is about 50px high, so if you filter on an area that is 2500 pixels-square, you eliminate the strokes from the text, and only keep the ones from the grid.
  6. The script creates a new path with the small strokes removed. In the Path list, right click on it and Path to selection. This should create a selection on the table only.
  7. Select>Grow that selection by one pixel
  8. Bucket-fill with white
Come to think of it I could even make a script from this, but I'm currently smack in the center of Alex's path, so I have other things to worry about right now Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: Erase / remove borders from a table (scanned pdf) - by Ofnuts - 10-01-2020, 07:19 PM