Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scripting help at my new job
So I’ve dabbled in scripting before but am not super well versed in it. However, I just took on a position at my job doing image editing for our online webstore. I’m able to do it easy enough in GIMP, but it’s doing the same edit over and over and I know that there has to be a way to script it so that I can do so more efficiently, I just have been having a hard time trying to understand how to write the script. I have access to Python-fu and Script-fu, but would prefer to use Python. 
So here’s what I do to each image. Once I’ve gone through and manually selected what I need to, I do the same series of actions every time, and this is what I’m trying to script:

1. Layer > Transparency > Add Alpha Channel

2. Edit > Clear (or Hit Delete)

3. Deselect (Not absolutely necessary)

4. Image > Canvas Size > Height: 950 > Width: 950 > Center > Resize

5. File > Export As > ‘file name’.png > Export (Exporting the image and changing it from jpg to png)

And that’s it. I open an image, select the background, and then do those same steps every single time. So I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out the script for doing this every time. It would expedite the process to go so much quicker and I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

Messages In This Thread
Scripting help at my new job - by Deathharmonicon - 10-23-2020, 05:34 PM
RE: Scripting help at my new job - by rich2005 - 10-25-2020, 08:18 AM
RE: Scripting help at my new job - by rich2005 - 10-26-2020, 06:04 PM
RE: Scripting help at my new job - by Ofnuts - 10-26-2020, 06:27 PM