Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opening images through context menu: Images not in alphabetical order
(10-26-2020, 01:12 PM)rich2005 Wrote:
(10-26-2020, 12:44 PM)Pantersnigeln Wrote: Dragging images to anywhere but the image space does nothing for me when Gimp already has an image open. The images don't load. I get the drag-and-drop mouse icon, but when I release nothing happens.
I won't be using drag-and-drop, but it's interesting that it doesn't work.

Only for you. Do you think that I made this up ?  https://i.imgur.com/OlIuXsi.mp4

What do you think the space at the top of the tool box is for?

Dropping them over the tool box as you showed does work. I don't really know how I missed this before.

Probably it only made sense to me to drag and drop them on to the space they will occupy when loaded, where they show as tabs with little thumbnails (below the main menu, above the image space).
I must have only been dragging them to that area, assuming that if it doesn't work there, where it most logically should (in my mind) that the problem applies to all the other areas surrounding the image space as well. When dragging images to anywhere over the Gimp window you get a mouse icon implying that the drag and drop will work, but nothing happens when dropping over that image tab area.

So as a follow-up comment on this sidenote, I suppose I wonder if it wouldn't make sense to allow drag and drop onto the image tab area as well as the tool box?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Opening images through context menu: Images not in alphabetical order - by Pantersnigeln - 11-02-2020, 06:43 PM