Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
macOS Colors messed up.
(11-18-2020, 09:36 AM)rich2005 Wrote: Best guess for the gray image.  If you add a RGB image to either grayscale or indexed then the RGB image takes the characteristics of the destination image. Solution, change the mode of the destination before adding the image Image -> Mode -> RGB

If this happens just opening a single image, must be a MacOS thing. Backup your Gimp user Profile, possibly something like  /Users/MyName/Library/Application Support/Gimp/2.10-backup Start Gimp to create a new Default Profile. See if it makes a difference.

The small magenta triangle is an out of Gamut indicator. It means the selected colour is outside the bounds of the color profile chosen. This can be important if the final work goes to a printing company. You can see this if you have color management and soft-proofing active. You can turn all color management off but it is spread across three menu locations, Edit -> Preferences (as shown) , Image -> Color Management , View -> Color Management

Thank you! I will try this when I get home. I should note, the out of gamma does not appear in the color picker, only after the color has been selected in the color preview. The UHD was a screenshot, and GIMP converted the color profile from a "Display" color profile to the GIMP color profile. But, with images that were not converted, this same issue still happens, even if I change the color.
I should also note, it does not happen when I create a new image. Only if I open a pre-existing image.

Messages In This Thread
macOS Colors messed up. - by UHDbits - 11-18-2020, 03:07 AM
RE: macOS Colors messed up. - by rich2005 - 11-18-2020, 09:36 AM
RE: macOS Colors messed up. - by UHDbits - 11-18-2020, 06:48 PM