Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Fatal Error: Unhandled Exception"
(01-15-2021, 08:50 PM)Ofnuts Wrote:
  • What is the size of the images (width × height) in pixels, and the number of layers?
  • What is the RAM size of the image (at the bottom of the image display)
  • What is the tile cache size set to (Edit>Preferences>System resources>Resource consumption)
  • Is OpenCL enabled (Edit>Preferences>System resources>Hardware acceleration)
  • How much RAM is reported by Windows?

Here are some examples of my usual file size
  • [5400x4000] (18 layers, usually 5 visible at a time) - About 70% of the time I get a crash (size of edit doesn't matter, I could change one pixel and boom, crash)
  • [4000x5671] (hundreds of layers, mostly text (up to 100 text layers visible at a time), excluding text layers it's probably 20 or so layers, and five of them are visible at a time)
  • [3840x2630] (hundreds of layers, mostly text (up to 50 text layers visible at a time), excluding text layers it's probably 20 or so layers, and five of them are visible at a time) - Maybe 5% of the time I experience a crash
  • [2720x1890] (32 layers, usually 5 visible at a time) - 100% crash rate for a few months now
What's weird though is that this issue started one day very abruptly, I used to be able to use these files on this computer (6 GB RAM) without facing a crash at all, with quick save speeds (less than five seconds). Then one day, I got this error, and then had it again and again and again.

On smaller files than this one, I still have trouble saving, but I usually don't have to worry about facing a crash.

RAM of image ranges between 900 MB and 2 GB. This has remained constant since before I worried about these crashes.

Tile Cache is set to 3 Gigabytes.

I've never tried CL before

How much RAM? Without using Gimp, 50 - 60%, When using Gimp, between 60% - 70% out of 6 GB, upon saving, it skyrockets up to 90% - 95% and stays there for about a minute as the computer tries to save it.

Messages In This Thread
"Fatal Error: Unhandled Exception" - by Abdullah - 01-15-2021, 07:40 PM
RE: "Fatal Error: Unhandled Exception" - by Abdullah - 01-15-2021, 10:44 PM