Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Fatal Error: Unhandled Exception"
(01-16-2021, 05:35 PM)eepjr24 Wrote: What disk is your page file on? How much disk space is free on that disk?

It sounds like something is causing thrashing to me. Does your drive light up when you start the save and stay lit until it is done, with little flicker? That can be from numerous things, but low disk space is a common one. Bad disk areas can cause it as well, if the spot that went bad is in the page file. To check this you can use many tools but I like Defraggler from CCleaner. Just go to advanced in the Defraggler IDE and elect "Check disk for errors". It can also speed things up slightly by making larger files read in a logical manner instead of being scattered randomly on the drive.

- E

I actually keep most of my files on a USB with 64 GB storage (6 GB is free). The computer I use, though, has a 1 TB Hard Disk Drive with 400 GB free.

Upon saving or uploading files, the USB stick lights up and blinks continuously until it is finished, but this has been a feature of the USB ever since I first got it.

(01-16-2021, 01:03 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: Ran a good RAM test lately? such a memory-intensive app could be a bit more sensitive to RAM problems than the regular crop.

I haven't run a RAM test ever since getting the computer about five years ago. Can you tell me some good places I can take one?

Messages In This Thread
"Fatal Error: Unhandled Exception" - by Abdullah - 01-15-2021, 07:40 PM
RE: "Fatal Error: Unhandled Exception" - by Abdullah - 01-17-2021, 11:18 PM