Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feather option is unavailable
Okay, so here's what I'm doing: I'm trying to take a picture I have of myself, isolate myself from my room, and insert myself into all kinds of wacky other scenarios. Using Foreground Select, I got a great cut of myself from the original image, and pasted it into a new blank image with a transparent background so that I can paste it into any image I want. However, if I paste that cut of myself into another image, I look like a paper cutout placed onto a background; it doesn't look like I'm really there. Doing some research on the ol' interwebs, "feathering" the image of myself seems to be the most popular way to do this.

Here's where I'm having trouble: if I feather myself against the transparent background, it... does nothing, because it's both transparent and only a single color anyway (I'm using bright green since it doesn't show up anywhere in the cut of myself). So, obviously, I thought to paste myself into the new image first, then feather the cut of myself. And indeed, when I'm pasted inside of an image, the cut of myself is still selected (until I anchor it). However, at this point, I am not allowed to feather that unanchored image of myself when its pasted to the new image. I can anchor it, sure, but then my selection is immediately lost, and any attempt at re-selecting myself with the foreground tool just results in an inaccurate cut, making the feathering go wonky.

So... how can I feather an image that has been pasted to a different image, but not anchored? Or, does someone have an entirely different way for me to achieve what I'm trying to do?

Messages In This Thread
Feather option is unavailable - by HeyGuysItsMe - 01-25-2021, 04:39 AM
RE: Feather option is unavailable - by tmanni - 01-25-2021, 06:52 AM
RE: Feather option is unavailable - by Ofnuts - 01-25-2021, 11:32 AM