Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feather option is unavailable
(01-25-2021, 07:48 AM)HeyGuysItsMe Wrote: Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately, I haven't had too much luck with it. If I paste as a new layer, the bright green background is present until I use Color to Alpha to make it the transparent color. I tried this at two different times:
- After I followed all of your instructions, which resulted in no change.
- Immediately after I pasted, which resulted in the green background being blurred into the new image as a sort of halo around me.
I also tried it with white and black as the transparent colors. They essentially do the same thing, and I guess black looks the best, but it doesn't quite look blended. It's better than what I had, but as I'm using this silly little project to essentially delve into some image editing techniques, I'd like to find more ways to do it and get it looking really good.

Still, I learned another method to do it, and it is better than what I had, so thanks.

You don't need to feather much, a couple of pixels would do. The main problem when pasting something in an image is the lighting. Incompatible color tones and wrong shadows show our brains that something doesn't belong there. So you cannot really paste a single picture of yourself in multiple images, you gave to take a picture of yourself with appropriate lighting each time.

Messages In This Thread
Feather option is unavailable - by HeyGuysItsMe - 01-25-2021, 04:39 AM
RE: Feather option is unavailable - by tmanni - 01-25-2021, 06:52 AM
RE: Feather option is unavailable - by Ofnuts - 01-25-2021, 11:32 AM