Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anything but .XCF gets "Unknow Filetype" error
Quote:..This folder however does NOT show executables as stated in the above mentioned threads, but it contains sub-folders which do contain each the executable of the file type: e.g. ..\file-jpeg which contains ..\file-jpeg\file-jpeg.exe
That is correct. Gimp 2.10 recognises a folder with the same name as the plugin executable as the plugin. (there for plugins which might have associated dependencies)

Quote:My Windows folders shows an empty folder at: C:\Users\My_username\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\plug-ins
You would expect that to be empty for a new installation. That is where you eventually put your user plugins.

Just for extra information: Is the laptop Windows a 32 bit or 64 bit installation ? Did you have an earlier version of Gimp 2.8 or 2.10 installed before this new installation ?

First thing is check that the path to C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\lib\gimp\2.0\plug-ins exists in Edit -> Preferences -> Folders then look in the plug-ins section. It should be one of the two entries. If not there you can add it.

If there can you try:
Delete the file C:\Users\My_username\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\pluginrc Restart Gimp and let it rescan the plug-ins.
or if not there
Delete the whole C:\Users\My_username\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\ folder Restart Gimp and let it create a new default user profile.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anything but .XCF gets "Unknow Filetype" error - by rich2005 - 02-03-2021, 05:41 PM