Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Launch Gimp Flatpak from terminal?
You use what you are comfortable with and suits your purpose, stick with the snap.

You might be surprised at the snap overhead. Using a basic Mint 20 installation a snap installation runs to 3.1 GB although presumably snap files can be shared with any other snap based installation. Shame the appimage does not work for you, I use it unpacked and permanently on-disk and that runs to 0.5 GB This comparison using filelight : https://i.imgur.com/QT713MC.jpg

Why I am not keen on snap. Last time I installed it, I can not recall python2 support, but it is there now, so must have been me. Still not able to open a file on a storage disk. Too much security. I get a Opening '/media/sf_temp/xxxx.jpg' failed: Could not open '/media/sf_temp/xxxx.jpg' for reading: Permission denied error. Needed to move the file xxxx.jpg to my home folder to open it.
Anything else? For anyone who uses the gimp_gmic_qt plugin the version from gmic does not work. I get a gmic_gimp_qt: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libm.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.29' not found (required by /home/mint-user/snap/gimp/347/.config/GIMP/2.10/plug-ins/gmic_gimp_qt) error. However the plugin I compile for 'buntu 18.04 / Mint 19 works, so that is one solution. Never got round to checking printing and scanning life is too short.

Messages In This Thread
Launch Gimp Flatpak from terminal? - by mholder - 03-06-2021, 11:46 PM
RE: Launch Gimp Flatpak from terminal? - by rich2005 - 03-09-2021, 12:03 PM