Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to prevent GIMP from rearranging colour map?
Hi all,

I have a 256-colour indexed image I generated with a program I am working on.  I want to load it in GIMP, modify a few pixels, and then save it again.

However when I do this, GIMP rearranges the colour map, swapping entries 0 and 1.  When I read the image back with my program, these two colours appear wrong as they are supposed to match an existing external palette.

If I use the "Colors | Map | Rearrange Colormap" option to swap entries 0 and 1 to put them back in their original order, when I save the file and reload it I find that GIMP has put them back the wrong way around.

If I load and save the file with the colours the wrong way around GIMP leaves them alone!

I cannot work out how to get GIMP to save the file without rearranging the palette.

Am I doing something wrong?  I'm using GIMP 2.10.22 and this is the file I am trying to edit.  Entry 0 is meant to be black and entry 1 is meant to be dark blue, which is shown when the image is first loaded, but it seems impossible to save the image like this, with black as 0 and blue as 1.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Messages In This Thread
How to prevent GIMP from rearranging colour map? - by Malvineous - 03-26-2021, 11:12 AM