Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Resynthesizer for 2.10.24 - how to add plugin?
Quote:I have GIMP 2.10.24 (flatpack) running on Linux Mint 20.1 Cinnamon....snip...Question:  Has anyone successfully added the (resynthesizer) plugin to GIMP 2.10.24?

Not a great lover of flatpak Gimp seemed unnecessarily restrictive. Tried some time ago and discarded, time to try again, things have changed.  

The basics:

(1) flatpak list  Does just that, lists what is installed. 

(2) flatpak search org.gimp.GIMP.plugin Lists the available flatpak'd plugins for Gimp. Used to be a single option, now with version options. To continue...

(3) flatpak install org.gimp.GIMP.Plugin.Resynthesizer Gives an option to choose the version. I tries both of these (for reasons later) This is the number 2 choice and says installation complete.

If that works for you, great. There should be a resynthesizer option in File -> Map and the 'heal' plugin entries in File -> Enhance.

Snag. Neither of the resynthesizer versions, showed in Gimp. I do not know why. (edit: I looks like it is a bug https://github.com/flatpak/flatpak/issues/4208 )

A bit of digging and the resynthesizer files are installed in
/var/lib/flatpak/runtime/org.gimp.GIMP.Plugin.Resynthesizer/x86_64/2-3.36/active/files/plug-ins/
Copied the files from there to the flatpak user plug-ins folder
/home/your-name/.var/app/org.gimp.GIMP/config/GIMP/2.10/plug-ins/
Ten files in all.

And that got it working.  

If you try this:
Which resynthesizer version used (1) or (2) ?
Did it work out-of-the-box ?
Did you need to copy the files to your user profile?

-------------------
Edit: Tried uninstalling the flatpak resynth package, leaving the 10 files in user profile. Resynthesize still working here
try:
Download the attached flatpak-resynth.zip Unzip, put the 10 files in 
/home/your-name/.var/app/org.gimp.GIMP/config/GIMP/2.10/plug-ins/

Attached Files
.zip   flatpak-resynth.zip (Size: 132.58 KB / Downloads: 805)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Resynthesizer for 2.10.24 - how to add plugin? - by rich2005 - 04-07-2021, 09:02 AM