Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dividing and printing a large image
(08-09-2017, 02:16 PM)rich2005 Wrote:
Quote:...Whilst I can tolerate the slightly fuzzy (even using Sinc (Lanczos3)), I really do need to find a way of dividing a large image into smaller, print-sized parts.

Blighty's recommendation + a couple more.

These are all ones I have installed in my (K)ubuntu 16.04

You can set up a Grid-of-Guides with a script. The script attached guides-grid.scm sets them up either by number of divisions or by pixels. Find it in  Image -> Guides -> Grid

The stock guillotine works, but cuts the image up into separate images. That is ok for four or six tiles. More than that and it becomes tedious to save/export each image.

Guillotine-into-layers-64 is a compiled plugin that does the same except assembles the tiles into layers in a single image. Next to the regular guillotine in Image -> Transform. Being a single image, it is possible to scale all the tiles in one go.

Want all those layers exported easily into images? Anitools.py one of the options is exporting layers in the form 001.png ...002.png... Tools -> Anitools -> Export all layers.

Unzip, plugins go in ~/.gimp-2.8/plug-ins (they should already be marked as executable but check) the script in ~/.gimp-2.8/scripts
Many thanks to Blighty and yourself for your helpful pointers. Have to admit that I didn't even know of guillotine's existence in Image-Transform - I do now! All other tips noted.
The old saying "You learn something new every day" is still true when you're old - trouble is you forget it again the day after.
Regards, Ray

Messages In This Thread
Dividing and printing a large image - by RayArdia - 08-09-2017, 12:16 PM
RE: Dividing and printing a large image - by RayArdia - 08-10-2017, 11:14 AM