Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
consistent color palette from multiple images
(04-12-2021, 08:35 AM)Ofnuts Wrote: A different solution:

1) For each image:
  • Convert to color-index if not done (no need to save at that point)
  • Copy the color map as a palette (in the Palettes list, the color map of the current image is the first one, so you just duplicate and rename it).
2) Gather the palettes (if necessary, the palettes list right-click menu has a "Show in file manager" entry)

3) Create a composite palette: add all color lines from all palettes and remove the duplicates (a good text editor must have something to sort lines, so locating duplicates shouldn't be hard).

4) Save that palette to the Gimp palette directory

5) For each image:
  • Convert to full RGB
  • Convert to color-indexed, providing the palette created previously
  • Save/Export
Thank you ! very well explained

(04-12-2021, 10:13 AM)rich2005 Wrote:
Quote:At the top of layer image list, i have a separate layer with a logo that must be exported with EACH levels..
How to do that?

You need to add your logo to the images in RGB mode, before you Index them. Use this script http://chiselapp.com/user/saulgoode/repo...combine-bg  it does not require all layers the same size.

Remember, that logo adds to each image colours, better if you can keep to a single color, even better if black or white. 
However, back to the original specification, consistent colormap with 32 colours. Might go like this:

Open the images as layers including the logo.
Add the logo to all layers using sg-combine-bg.scm
Export all layers as RGB jpeg, now with the logo.
Use one of those and put in Indexed Mode creating a 32 colour colormap
Add the jpgs (with logo) as layers, to that indexed image.
Export the layers to individual indexed png images.

All that in this 5 minute video. https://youtu.be/VpUK5AmkZvM

A bit at the end about editing those indexed png's preserving  the 32 color colormap.

Thank you too, for your very explanatory video...i''ve solved all my issues

Messages In This Thread
RE: consistent color palette from multiple images - by barrubba - 04-17-2021, 12:18 PM