Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Color picker or bucket fill tool fails to get color I thought I had selected
I was trying to quickly change the attached image file so that the whole background of this woman's head was fairly consistently light coloured.

I am trying to make the left hand side of the background (mostly dark brown and black) on the .xcf image of a woman in the attached file, stella_19apr.xcf [1] look roughly similar to the right hand side of the background (mostly pale pink/brown). To do this, I

1. Used the color picker to select a a pale brown/pink colour on the right-hand side, then

2. Tried to bucket fill some of the regions on the left-hand side.

But the bucket kept filling these areas with very dark brown or black and not the pale pink/brown I thought I had selected.

Could anyone tell me how I could fix this or begin to diagnose this problem?

(I can also see that in that image, I had used the eraser in an attempt to define a clear boundary between her hair and the background. This was how I was trying to prevent the bucket-filled pale brown/pink colour from flowing into the hair, but that is beside the point, here.)

Thank you for your attention.

FOOTNOTE[S]

[1] The file should have been named stella_19apr21.xcf to give it a fairly complete date.

Attached Files
.xcf   stella_19apr.xcf (Size: 194.03 KB / Downloads: 257)

Messages In This Thread
Color picker or bucket fill tool fails to get color I thought I had selected - by daggett - 04-21-2021, 02:50 PM