Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deviations associated with different image processing programs.
(08-17-2017, 08:59 PM)Ofnuts Wrote:
(08-17-2017, 03:58 PM)ajax Wrote: That is what I haven't figured out how to do with DPP4

Maybe you should read the doc, because DPP4 is designed to allow such editing. I used it ages ago (when I as still using Windows) and doing this was a no-brainer.
Yes, I've now done that.  As best I can tell it doesn't do what I'd like.  I've also learned that it does something else which strikes me as pretty strange.  It updates the raw file (i.e., the one created by the camera).  Supposedly this is done in a manner that does NOT alter the image data captured by the sensor (i.e., the raw portion of the data is preserved) and only what they call "image processing conditions information" is changed.  However, when you look at the modification date in the file system directory it doesn't say what software performed the modification nor what was modified.  I do have some knowledge and experience in IT and would offer that the way GIMP does it by creating its' own file in it's own format while leaving the file created by the camera unaltered is much better.

Anyway, our discussion has strayed pretty far from GIMP.  I'd like to say that I very much appreciate your willingness to engage.  It has been a help to me.  I'll now shut up and get on with some needed research/learning.  No doubt there will be some future questions about GIMP.  Many thanks.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Deviations associated with different image processing programs. - by ajax - 08-18-2017, 06:31 PM