Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem With Color Exchange in 2.10
Hello all. I used GIMP 2.8 for my pixel art hobby for about 7 years, but I got a new computer yesterday (MacBook Pro M1, 2020) and decided I should make the switch to 2.10. Despite my longtime use, I only use a handful of tools and, as I'm not super tech-y, I'm always very nervous to mess around with any advanced settings.

One tool I use a ton is Color Exchange, and I never had problems with it on 2.8 using whatever the default settings were. However, now I'm running into a problem where the built-in color selector tool is seemingly coming up with random colors when I click on what I want to change from/to (I haven't messed around with any settings, at least not knowingly). I'll include a screenshot to illustrate the issue. You can see the color it came up with when I clicked the bright yellow is a much more muted yellow. This has happened to multiple colors on multiple layers (though weirdly it sometimes gets it right – it's a crapshoot). I'd really appreciate any advice you could give. Thanks so much!

Screenshot:     

Messages In This Thread
Problem With Color Exchange in 2.10 - by tsd715 - 06-12-2021, 01:27 PM