Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paint Brush stroke with depth
(07-04-2021, 03:00 AM)meetdilip Wrote: Thanks. Looks like achieved what I am trying to do. I am new to using brushes and not able to retrace what you did.

We use the lasso tool to get the shape of the brush ?

Then use it as a brush from clip board ? I tried using from the clipboard before in GIMP and it worked differently for me. It would appear like badly stacked bricks horizontally. I am not sure how to get a smooth stroke like in the above post.

I tried the method now. You can see the staggering in the stroke. In vertical drag, the staggering is more pronounced

Yes lasso tool, stay clicked and draw zig-zag (I did it with the mouse)

"badly stacked bricks horizontally"
Spacing options in the Tools options > reduce the spacing between 1 and 10 max (don't look my actual spacing I use my brush for something else Wink ), you can also check the "Smooth stroke" (still in brush options) a submenu with 2 sliders will show up (go slowly with "quality" as it will also affect the speed the brush will follow your mouse/pen, but you will have well rounded shapes )
Try to play also with the dynamic like try them 1 by 1 Wink (draw a triangle and a circle when you test)

Messages In This Thread
Paint Brush stroke with depth - by meetdilip - 07-03-2021, 12:24 AM
RE: Paint Brush stroke with depth - by meetdilip - 07-03-2021, 02:38 AM
RE: Paint Brush stroke with depth - by PixLab - 07-03-2021, 02:59 AM
RE: Paint Brush stroke with depth - by meetdilip - 07-04-2021, 03:00 AM
RE: Paint Brush stroke with depth - by PixLab - 07-04-2021, 08:42 AM