Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Preventing alpha "flooding" with anti-erase
Hello,
My question is:
I have a layer with transparent parts. I'd like to be able to erase its pixels and later anti-erase them (using the Eraser Tool with ALT pressed) without messing the alpha channel. I don't mean to use UNDO. I typically want to anti-erase because it would be convenient for my workflow. When I lay my "anti-eraser" on parts that were formerly opaque, it's all fine.
But the problem is - when I hit parts that were transparent from the beginning, they get covered with black colour.
This is of course logical, because "anti-eraser" covers alpha channel (removes transparency). But if it's by any smart way possible, I'd like to prevent it. I want the "anti-eraser" to never cover alpha channel more than it was originally. If a pixel had, say, 100/255 alpha value, then it'll never exceed that value, so that I could non-destructively erase anything and then bring it back without losing alpha data.
Maybe there's some clever way to achieve that with layer blending modes or layers masks Huh

Messages In This Thread
Preventing alpha "flooding" with anti-erase - by einstein - 07-08-2021, 01:17 AM