Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ofn-manual-stipple
(09-02-2021, 08:00 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: PS: Old timers will notice some likeness with RobA's "Random Density Map" script. Actually the ideas are similar. The main differences are...

Hiya Ofnuts!  Long time no see!

Joined the forum here just to post as I'm getting back into the world of Gimp.

Even though my "Random Density Map" script is still working under 2.10 it is tremendously slow.

As I'm still trying to figure out python, I decided to modify this plugin to add a brush spacing parameter (which I succeeded at!)
Many of the brushes I use are .gbr's that don't fill the entire brush area as returned by pdb.gimp_context_get_brush_size(), so I need the spacing to be adjusted by 50% or so.  This (of course) also required an adjustment to the jitter calculation, and also needed changing the jitter input slider to "tenths" rather than "ones".

Attached is an example of the map, with the default (100%) spacing which is what the plugin did originally, set to 50% spacing, and lastly with reduced spacing and jitter, showing how I use it with my brushes to quickly create dense forest areas having individual trees....

If interested, I'd be happy to provide my hack if you want to update your code.

P.S. I tried to leverage your OFN_DEBUG and debug trace code but your original plugin would just throw errors with that flag on, so I obviously had no idea what I was doing or how to use it properly...

P.P.S. Is this where all the cool gimp kids hang out now?

Cheers!

-RobA>

Messages In This Thread
ofn-manual-stipple - by Ofnuts - 09-02-2021, 08:00 PM
RE: ofn-manual-stipple - by denzjos - 09-06-2021, 08:33 AM
RE: ofn-manual-stipple - by RobA - 12-23-2022, 03:13 AM
RE: ofn-manual-stipple - by Ofnuts - 12-23-2022, 08:56 PM
RE: ofn-manual-stipple - by RobA - 12-24-2022, 07:35 PM
RE: ofn-manual-stipple - by Ofnuts - 12-25-2022, 05:58 PM