Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cropping tool
There are a dozen and a half things with GIMP 2.10 that are driving me up the wall, but to be reasonable here I'm just going to have to bring them up separately as they come up.

Okay, I was using the crop tool, I dragged out a box, decided that I shouldn't crop this, and thus clicked a different tool.
And GIMP cropped my image.

WHAT IN THE HOLY HELL IS GOING ON HERE?!
At what point EVER is it a reasonable idea to have a tool impact an image WHEN I EXPLICTLY TELL IT TO NOT USE THAT TOOL?!?!
What kind of backwards design is this?
If I select a paint brush tool and then select a different tool would it be reasonable to expect the paintbrush to suddenly draw all over my image?  Of course not.  So why is the crop tool cropping my image when I EXPLICITLY TAKE ACTION TO NOT HAVE MY IMAGE BE CROPPED?!

This is the most asinine design I have ever seen in a program, and I use Microsoft products.

How exactly am I supposed to NOT have my image crop if I ever select this tool?
I mean for f***'s sake, not even counting just when I change my mind once I actually can see a box at a specified aspect ratio, what if I selected that tool by mistake and drew out a box over a tiny section of my image?  I would be able to clearly see the mistake, but yet it is utterly IMPOSSIBLE to simply cancel the action?  I HAVE to actually crop my image and un-do?  What kind of sense does that make?  Even if there was some one person out there who managed to find this useful, why can't I disable this backwards design?

Messages In This Thread
Cropping tool - by Marscaleb - 09-21-2021, 03:23 AM
RE: Cropping tool - by PixLab - 09-21-2021, 05:25 AM
RE: Cropping tool - by Marscaleb - 09-22-2021, 05:24 AM
RE: Cropping tool - by denzjos - 09-21-2021, 07:34 AM
RE: Cropping tool - by nelo - 09-22-2021, 07:26 AM