Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Use mouse scroll to change tool size by 50% only
Quote:Thing is, it changes the tool size twice, so 100%. I'd love to be able to change my tool's size only by 50%.
Is it possible?

As far as I can tell, it is not possible, you would probably need to recompile Gimp.

Depending on the range of brushes you use, you could make some presets of a brush with various sizes. 

----------------
Much used by artists, for the rest of us and those who do not know, by default, the scroll wheel is not user configured.. You can assign an action to it but limited to those shown. There is a sensible YT video on setting up scroll here: https://youtu.be/JcNg9GjBVqY only a couple of minutes.
The settings are help in your Gimp user profile,  file controllerrc   If / when you screw-up the settings, delete it and Gimp makes a new default file.   Again for those not familiar with the scroll wheel actions. Hover the mouse over the size slider in the Brush Tool options, and the scroll wheel changes size by 1 pixel. There are modifiers, shift-scroll = 0.1 pixel, ctrl-scroll = 10 pixels.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Use mouse scroll to change tool size by 50% only - by rich2005 - 09-24-2021, 08:51 AM