Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Merging layers changes the pixel colors
I have an application that requires combining multiple layers all with single color elements on transparency. This worked fine the first time I tried it but now at the borders the pixel colors are being changed. For example where a black edge met a red/blue surface some pixels have now changed from 7f007f to 7c007c. This is a total disaster for my application. Why is this happening and how do I prevent it? I have checked the process at every step. I have selected and deleted all the transparent areas and confirmed that it included the pixel in question. I have checked the pixel before the merge and after the merge and it is altered after the merge. Any suggestions are appreciated. I hate to dig out my ancient copy of PaintShopPro to do such a trivial task. This is not rocket science and should be a simple process.

I am checking the pixel color with the color picker tool before and after the merge. It only affects a few pixels at the edges of the overlay but even one pixel being changed invalidates the image. I get the same result exporting the image to a single layer format (.bmp)

Messages In This Thread
Merging layers changes the pixel colors - by garyaum - 09-30-2021, 02:21 AM