Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help - trying to create new palette
(10-13-2021, 07:03 AM)PixLab Wrote:
Quote: I'm trying to create a new palette, but keep getting this error message:
Failed to save data:
You have a writable data folder configured (/Users/debrawilcox/Library/Application Support/GIMP/2.10/palettes), but this folder does not exist. Please create the folder or fix your configuration in the Preferences dialog's 'Folders' section.
I called AppleCare, but they said it was a GIMP issue. I tried re-installing GIMP, but am still getting the error. Does anyone know what I should do to correct this?
Thank you

In finder open /Users/debrawilcox/Library/Application Support/GIMP/2.10/
then create a new folder or directory (I don't recall the Apple naming) and name that new folder "palettes" (all in minuscule aka lower case as in the error link)
re-start GIMP

Even if it's a GIMP problem (which seems to be), IMHO Apple's care was not nice, they could have told you this very simple fix...

Thank you for your reply. I found the Users/debrawilcox before, but there's no Library folder and it doesn't let me add folder. When I spoke to Apple support, they said that GIMP should have created the Library/Application Support/GIMP/2.10/    That's why I re-installed, thinking that maybe it got deleted by accident.  Any other thoughts?  Thank you.

Messages In This Thread
Help - trying to create new palette - by DebraW - 10-13-2021, 02:41 AM
RE: Help - trying to create new palette - by DebraW - 10-13-2021, 03:14 PM