Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Match altered image to its original
This is wonderful, fellows !

As to your correctly noted "different scales", and "total coincidence", and absence of "hair combing" – 
  1. Scales differed from hastily slapping together the specimens; here corrected.
  2. If I'm not mistaken, the total coincidence may be explained by the fact that both specimens are spatially coincident.  That is to say, the "Ghost Processor" [happy Hallowe'en] leaves each pixel sitting exactly where it was, and always acts its mischief [yet to be precisely defined] the same way, on each channel ?  I've observed the effect on numerous images.  No matter what the subject [landscape, living room, child at play, electron micrograph, human MRI, flower bouquet], my initial assumption was always, "Oh, that there looks like it was overexposed by one F-stop."  Hence my initial stab at simply knocking down the brightness.
To those ends [Note to PixLab – I utilized Google Drive], I have added to The Upload Repository:
  • 10 Forum - Registration Checker 423.72 x 199.04 pt.tiff
  • 10 Forum - GHOSTED Registration Checker 423.72 x 199.04 pt.tiff
I can't wait to see what you add to this here Trick or Treat bag.

– – –

In the meantime, I'll be examining your replies in detail, and upping my Gimp Game [histogram analysis, channel manipulation, multi-window views, etc.]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Match altered image to its original - by Brian.Raila - 10-31-2021, 05:00 PM