Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Match altered image to its original
Quote:Back to the nature of this Forum.  I feel as if I presented a dilemma attempting to match two images taken at my granddaughter's wedding.  One was taken with a Leica M3, and the other, precisely synchronized via photography strobe-light, a Polaroid SX-70.  And the answer comes back – "We can't help you.  Both of those camera models were deprecated."

No, the analogy is more like you are trying to match up two pictures to create a slide when no one makes slide projectors anymore and even replacement bulbs all come from an abandoned warehouse in Pripyat.

Now, back to the problem t hand. The peaks that appear in the histogram can have only one explanation: several input colors are mapped to the same output color in a much larger scale than what you get when doing some usual color editing. And since there are no gaps in the histogram this also mean that this happens only for some of the pixels and others are unscathed. So figuring out which is which to find an appropriate transform to pre-compensate is going to be an uphill battle. On the other hand, since
Quote:Harman International's reply has been, "Flash Player is working as specified"

then there are specs, and what do they say?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Match altered image to its original - by Ofnuts - 11-03-2021, 09:28 PM