Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some older filters or plugins not working
Hi Laura,
It looks like it's something like a decade you did not used GIMP Wink , as with few searches it seems that "Impressionist.8bf" is a very old 32 bit filter, nowadays, (and your latest laptop as well) we are on 64 bit machines/OS.
I found a hint which might help about this filter (you might want to try it) it's a 10y-o post ➤ http://gimpchat.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2751&start=0 look for the third post (#3)

As for the PS filters in general, they were placed in something alike C:\.....\GIMP\2.0\ long ago, but now with GIMP 2.10 it would look like more as C:\.....\GIMP\2.10\ (note the 2.10 not anymore 2.0)
you can find the exact path for your plugins by opening GIMP then Edit ➤ Preferences a window opens scrolldown the left side to folders and click on one of those folders to see the path on the right side.
(I'm on Linux so I cannot show you a windows type path, but I'm sure @rich2005 will be able to help you Wink )

Messages In This Thread
RE: Some older filters or plugins not working - by PixLab - 10-30-2021, 10:55 AM