Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Compose not seeing layers
(11-23-2021, 11:12 AM)Rowdy Wallbanger Wrote: OfNuts, thanks for the response, it does seem to work as a merging rather than a hierarchical layering.  Is the solution to that by changing the layer property to "Multiply" and the Groups to addition?  I do save them as XCF's.
I will try to send either my problematic file or an example of the way the Spec map layers are formatted.

Here are the spec layers and groups as they come...

Please note that below these layers there are more paintable layers for the livery.  I gave making groups Additional and the layers multiply a go,  but with the parts layers multiply seemed to ignore them or add to them.  Also changing them from Normal had the lower Painted layers come through.  Currently the Spec Map layers trump everything once made visible (although I could turn those layers off.)

Yes the layer & group blend mode are important: addition for groups, multiplication for color layers

Yes, you can have several layers per feature (all in "normal" mode in the group, below the color layer).

Your Blue layer should be blue or black. Otherwise,  its R&G components will saturate the result.

But what is the purpose of the top level group you added?

Attached Files
.xcf   Spec map layers-better.xcf (Size: 598.15 KB / Downloads: 100)

Messages In This Thread
Compose not seeing layers - by Rowdy Wallbanger - 11-23-2021, 08:38 AM
RE: Compose not seeing layers - by Ofnuts - 11-23-2021, 10:32 AM
RE: Compose not seeing layers - by Ofnuts - 11-23-2021, 02:11 PM