Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uploading layers for Panorama
Bug 
Hi there. Im sure this basic question has been asked elsewhere but I scrolled around and couldn't find anything so.... here it is. Any help would be appreciated. 

I am following some directions Ive found online for creating a panorama. 
I have created a new image and then am in the process of opening images as layers. 
I shift select multiple images and then go to open them. 

The images in question were in the vertical position. When I attempted to open them, a popup asked me if I wanted to rotate. 
I didnt want to because, the intention for the panorama would have been the series of vertical images. However, (I cant remember why i did this) I selected yes, to rotate. The popup gave me the option to "dont ask for this again" and I selected that. 

The images were rotated to the landscape position but, it seemed to do so by just cutting out the image that would have been on the top and bottom of the vertical image. 
(Does this make sense? For instance, say the vertical image was three bands of color, red at the bottom, white in the middle, blue at the top. When I selected rotate, it turned the image horizontal but seemed to do so by cutting off the red and the blue, only leaving me with an image of white.)

Ok, fine. Just restart the project, right? But..... I selected "Dont ask this again."
So.... now, when I try to open as layers, the images immediately come up in the horizontal and cropped layout. 

My question, I guess, is twofold. Why did it crop the image, when I rotated it?
But more importantly, how can I get back to the beginning and just open these images in their uncropped unrotated position?
For clarity, I can still view the original, uncropped images in my media viewer. Its just that when I open in Gimp, they are automatically rotated and cropped.

Im new and just kinda finding my way around with this stuff so, any help would be appreciated.

Messages In This Thread
Uploading layers for Panorama - by seanmcguire - 02-03-2022, 08:34 PM
RE: Uploading layers for Panorama - by rickk - 02-04-2022, 12:14 AM
RE: Uploading layers for Panorama - by Ofnuts - 02-04-2022, 12:44 AM
RE: Uploading layers for Panorama - by Redraw - 02-04-2022, 05:07 AM
RE: Uploading layers for Panorama - by rich2005 - 02-04-2022, 12:29 PM
RE: Uploading layers for Panorama - by rich2005 - 02-08-2022, 07:12 PM
RE: Uploading layers for Panorama - by rich2005 - 02-09-2022, 10:26 AM