Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Graffiti Drawing
Well. First of all, look at the two green arrows. I feel that you have your depth shading reversed, the shadow located where arrow #1 is pointed should be where arrow #2 is pointing, and vice versa. The fire has nearly a straight shot to the inside of the letter, yet that is where you have your shadow. While the outside edge of the letter clearly is closer to the front of the image than the fire, yet no shadow?

And, the  Shadow on the face of the gremlin, the "hook" should be just about between his eyes, based upon the fire location, but where you have it suggests a light source closer to the red "ray" that I've added. 

The shadow where I've put the yellow cross hatched area, suggests a light source from above the picture (the yellow "ray")

And the shadow where the blue crosshatched area is....IMO is located too far towards the center of the letter, and should be nearly behind the letter itself based upon the fire location. The location you've selected implies  a light source more along the lines of the blue "ray"

None of them are "deal killers" in their own right. But IMO the aggregate wrongness of them all as a collective whole, rings some bells.

Additionally, the tree branch that I've marked in violet, probably bothers me most of any single item in the drawing. To me it just looks like someone who did not understand depth, tried to fake it...

Now bear in mind, you asked for a critique, so I've gone out of my way to be critical, "what the doctor ordered" etc.
There is nothing bad about your picture... I wish that I could do what you have....etc etc   Wink

[Image: orktJQ0.png]

Messages In This Thread
Graffiti Drawing - by Gimpquester - 02-04-2022, 03:49 PM
RE: Graffiti Drawing - by rickk - 02-07-2022, 10:54 PM
RE: Graffiti Drawing - by Gimpquester - 02-11-2022, 04:53 PM
RE: Graffiti Drawing - by rickk - 02-15-2022, 01:08 AM
RE: Graffiti Drawing - by Gimpquester - 02-15-2022, 06:18 PM
RE: Graffiti Drawing - by rickk - 02-15-2022, 03:24 AM
RE: Graffiti Drawing - by rickk - 02-15-2022, 06:53 PM
RE: Graffiti Drawing - by Gimpquester - 02-16-2022, 12:27 AM
RE: Graffiti Drawing - by rich2005 - 02-15-2022, 07:36 PM