Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Graffiti Drawing
Damn that was really in depth (unlike my tree branch^^). I can retrace what you pointed out and it makes sense. The whole shadowing thing was an issue to tackle for me in general because in Blender where I usually work, the shading is done by the software, you just have to add a light source and put an object in front of it and the shadow is cast automatically etc. I knew it was very important to get a better natural feeling for shadows and depth to progress further, so I even went out into the forest at night, armed with a suitcase and a flashlight, to see how the shadows project, which helped me draw the shadows of the letters onto the trees in the background. 

With the O-shading I'm not really sure because the outer edge of the O is turned in about a 45° angle on the ground plane towards the camera, which makes the outer edge closer to the camera than the inner edge, and the fire is also closer to the camera so I figured it might be a bit lighter on the outside. However, when looking at it, it also felt wrong, but I just couldn't quite point the finger as to what exactly was the issue. I now think that the inner edge is just waay too dark which doesn't make sense anymore in relation to the outer edge because in relative distance to the fire they are about the same. 

As for the hook-shadow on the Gengar: I knew it was out of place, but for aesthetic reasons I wanted the eyes to be outside of the shadow, so I put up with the misplacement. Initially I put both hooks of the "O" onto the Gengar but that was just so horribly out of place I had to redraw the shadow. Alternatively, I could have replaced the pokemon or the hooks of the "O", but at that point I had already progressed so far I wanted to finally get done. 

Thanks alot for taking the time to point these things out, I really appreciate it and can use it for my next project.

And on a final note: Leave tree-branchy and the cookie-box it belongs onto alone  Cry

Messages In This Thread
Graffiti Drawing - by Gimpquester - 02-04-2022, 03:49 PM
RE: Graffiti Drawing - by rickk - 02-07-2022, 10:54 PM
RE: Graffiti Drawing - by Gimpquester - 02-11-2022, 04:53 PM
RE: Graffiti Drawing - by rickk - 02-15-2022, 01:08 AM
RE: Graffiti Drawing - by Gimpquester - 02-15-2022, 06:18 PM
RE: Graffiti Drawing - by rickk - 02-15-2022, 03:24 AM
RE: Graffiti Drawing - by rickk - 02-15-2022, 06:53 PM
RE: Graffiti Drawing - by Gimpquester - 02-16-2022, 12:27 AM
RE: Graffiti Drawing - by rich2005 - 02-15-2022, 07:36 PM