Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Line art pixelated in GIMP but not in Windows Photos viewer
Hi Everyone! I'm going crazy figuring out why my seemingly high-res 300dpi images are appearing pixelated in GIMP but sharp in Windows Photos viewer. The pixelation carries through in printing, resulting in a print that is fuzzy and not crisp like the print from Windows Photos.

Attached is an example. The PNG image I'm working on was downloaded from web, 2000x2000 pixels. I've zoomed in to show the dramatic differences from just importing the same image into GIMP. GIMP image size is 2000x2000, 300 ppi, and print size is 8.5x11in. The PNG exported version from GIMP is equally pixelated and is apparent in Windows Photos from the start. 

If Windows Photos was sufficient to print as is, I wouldn't be here. But I want to make changes to the image in GIMP. Can anyone help identify the issue? I'd really appreciate any expertise since I work with black line art mainly and the right image is just not acceptable.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
Line art pixelated in GIMP but not in Windows Photos viewer - by slowdownthere - 02-10-2022, 08:04 PM