Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scanning directly into GIMP 2.10.24
Folks, all of your replies have been generous in knowledge and I am printing them out for future reference. However, I hope you can appreciate how much time in research and communicating on this forum has been taken away from my original photography product. 

I do not understand 3/4 of what you have told me. The only thing I was truly able to comprehend were from rich2005 in attempting to access some sort of path to some folder that I'm not certain of and would not know what to do with if I found it! I have enclosed a screenshot of the result.

Flatpak? Soft Link? "The location of the Gimp 2.10 user profile is  ~/.config/GIMP/2.10/ (~ = your home directory)?" 

I respectfully ask, just how much about all the Linux mechanics do I have to delve into before I can scan in a simple photograph to GIMP? I guess I am perplexed at the fact that I can do it fuss-free in LiberOffice Writer and export it to a PDF in which I can import into GIMP as a back-door approach.

It just seems to me that a direct scan into GIMP would be a foundational feature in the program's original creation and work always right out of the box.  Please understand I am not intending to be critical of the developers but, hopefully justifying they either directly create or purchase "Scan into GIMP" software for basic use. It's like buying a car that only has back doors! 

I am asking any one of you who may be involved in GIMP's future development, to lobby hard for this feature to be included. 

I was willing to pay for Photoshop but, like many of you, detest giving my money to big corporations like Adobe. I would also be willing to PAY for a version of GIMP that does what I need it to do, right out of the box. At least I would know my money is going toward future improvement of the product.

I cannot afford to spend any more time on this research and with trial and error.  I've got a product to produce by a deadline. GIMP developers should make this possible without any time-wasting queries back and forth, without my having to think about it.

Folks, I turn my computer on to get wok done, not to sit and tweak it. 

Thanks for listening, all of you.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Scanning directly into GIMP 2.10.24 - by sonnystarks - 02-14-2022, 08:08 PM