Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How To Do Path Thing?
creating a path which is actually following a long convoluted trail through an image of a large stretch of bushland.

Instructions don't mention how to stop doing it.  Just pick another tool?

They don't mention how to keep it - just happens automatically when I save the image?

Doesn't make clear to me if I must convert to a selection. ?

Not sure if I have to 'stroke' it ?

Can I come back to it and edit it next time - continue it as one path or does it get 'frozen' once 'stroked' etc ?

p.s.
And if I can step back to a most primitive basic question:

I always immediately make a copy layer in the belief that this way I'm ensuring I'll no way damage my original image.
Is this a bit daft?  Would I get just as much protection if I immediately simply save the image with a new name?

But anyway, having done it, created a copy layer to work on I'm always thinking I should then delete that original layer and then I'm safe, all connection with my original now broken.  Is that equally daft?

p.p.s. I suppose there's no way to get back a path that disappeared?

I couldn't find how to end the making of a path no matter where I looked. In the finish I read something that suggested double clicking on the last node would do it. So I did that. All seemed peaceful. So then I selected the move tool.
The path immediately disappeared and wouldn't come back.

That was a good half hour's work. How to use the path tool? Including 'stop using' the path tool?

Messages In This Thread
How To Do Path Thing? - by abrogard - 02-15-2022, 08:28 AM
RE: How To Do Path Thing? - by Ofnuts - 02-15-2022, 10:06 AM
RE: How To Do Path Thing? - by abrogard - 02-15-2022, 10:22 AM
RE: How To Do Path Thing? - by Ofnuts - 02-16-2022, 12:49 AM