Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how to turn off feathering when I "free select"
I am trying to use free select.  When I do this, it seems that it is always feathering my selection, and I can't figure out how to prevent that.  

I'm attaching two images - I hope you can see them.  The first shows a somewhat random free selection, and you can see that the area selected is substantially within the area I chose, and it is rounded rather than having the jagged edges of my selection.  

The second is from clicking "select - feather," and you can see that feathering was set to 0.00, but the selection is still substantially feathered.

This has happened to me before in and somehow I managed to turn it off, but now I can't figure out how.  Did I accidentally select something that set it to do this?  It's very frustrating!!!  I'm trying to do some picky editing of this image and I can't do it unless I can correctly free select the details to change.  I was really delighted when I figured out, a few days ago, quite by accident, that I could free select an area and then when I used "paint clone" it would only paint within the selected area.  But now it doesn't work because it won't let me actually select the area I want to modify.

I hope someone can help!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
how to turn off feathering when I "free select" - by catteau - 03-07-2022, 02:17 AM