Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Default quality keeps changing on Export Image as JPEG window
(03-30-2022, 07:55 AM)programmer_ceds Wrote:
(03-30-2022, 06:37 AM)imagemicx Wrote: Thanks. I did that but it still does not open the dialog with 80% quality saved every time. It opens with 90%, 96%, different values, and I am having to either manually type 80 or click Load Defaults every time.

Am I the only one who is having this issue?

I have just tried and using the "Save Defaults" button causes the quality to be set for future exports (even after GIMP has been terminated and restarted). Can you provide a key-by-key / button-by-button record of opening a jpg file and then using Export or Export As with a screenshot of the Export dialog?

I agree, it all depends on the OP's workflow. @Imagemicx can you provide that information.

I know in the past users who want to open a file, then a simple edit such as a watermark, close and move on to the next file.

This a simple mod of Akkana Peck's save-export-clean.py (remember the Gimp 2.8 SAVE/EXPORT split controversy) to output a 80 quality jpg.

My programming remains a bit of FORTRAN , 50 years ago, so I am stuck on the 'parsing-the-name-without-the-extension'. This outputs filename.ext.jpg , however  as a 'concept'  example: https://i.imgur.com/69juJ38.mp4

Attached Files
.zip   save-export-clean.zip (Size: 1.24 KB / Downloads: 57)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Default quality keeps changing on Export Image as JPEG window - by rich2005 - 03-30-2022, 03:56 PM