Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Export to .ico not working correctly
(03-24-2022, 04:57 PM)PapaBear1 Wrote: I have not done that, but I'm also not fully understanding what you're describing.  Do you mean exporting that one layer to a file (like a .gif? or .png?) and then doing something with that file?  If that is required - it seems like an [unnecessarily] circuitous process - just to take a layer and create an .ico file. I understand .ico files often (should?) have multiple images within them, but it does seem like I should be able to take one layer and say - "...create an .ico from this."  So, I'm still unclear on how to do this.  It shouldn't be this difficult.  ...oh well...  I guess I need more specific steps as a newbie - I'm not getting it still....  sorry --- and thanks for the help!

I'm just trying to visualize what you are doing that is producing more information in your exported ico file, than you desire (your comment about the result looking like "a different layer" other than the one you are specifying)

SO, I'm visualizing you having an image comprised of multiple layers, and you are just trying to export one of those layers?

Is that true, or false?

If true, then first Select that layer,  then go up to your "edit" menu, select "copy".   Then, also in the edit menu, select "paste as" and then "new image"

Creating an autonomous image that you can then export, free of any undesired layers.

If the answer to my  question is false, then I'm not understanding your goal properly

Messages In This Thread
RE: Export to .ico not working correctly - by rickk - 03-24-2022, 05:32 PM