Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two Plugins Contending for Resources
(11-14-2023, 03:24 PM)Anthony Buff Wrote:
(03-30-2022, 12:36 AM)tmanni Wrote: The problem is due to GEGL : sometimes ago, modifications has been done to the vector-fill operation and the file containing the code has been moved from one folder (external) to another one (common):
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gegl/-/co...8205682c63

Operations in GEGL are build as libraries ; some folder like external create one lib per file ; some other like common create only one lib containing all the files.
When you install gimp 2.10.22, you also install GEGL with a dedicated lib for the vector-fill operation.
When you upgrade gimp to 2.10.30-1, you also upgrade GEGL to a new release, where the vector-fill operation is stored in the "common" lib, but the dedicated lib is not removed.

Thank you for this, nowhere else on the internet I've been able to find a cause for this major annoyance, yet I am unable to follow steps to find the duplicate folder with the duplicate GEGL plugins.

Can you please assist?

I am trying to debug python code and the double registration plugins messages are taking the entire screen and I have to fish through hundreds of lines of these otherwise inert messages to see python-fu messages on the terminal.

I'manewbie at all thiss. Chat GPT tried but regardless of what its advise was Iwas unable to get these annoying messages off the screen.

Thanks in advance!

See here for some hints: Debugging python-fu scripts in Windows (yes, some of it applies to Linux as well, even if debugging on Linux is a lot easier)

If you are on Linux, make sure your Python support works: have you got Filters ➤ Python-fu ➤ Console in the menus?

You can always put a print '*****************************************' in your plugin code to spot where an execution starts in the console.

For further questions start a thread in our Scripting questions section.

Messages In This Thread
Two Plugins Contending for Resources - by rickk - 03-27-2022, 10:38 PM
RE: Two Plugins Contending for Resources - by Ofnuts - 11-15-2023, 01:29 AM