Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trying to get "oft-interleave-layers" plug-in to work.
Hello all,

I need to get some GIF work done and do one of the most brutal tasks of all: Adding text to a GIF (dun dun dun)
I downloaded the oft-interleave-layers plugin from Ofnuts' list of scripts here . I got the .zip, extracted the .py file into my plug-in folder (Home > .config > GIMP > 2.10 > plug-ins > oft-interleave-layers.py). This plug-in folder is the first folder in my Preferences options. The .py is also executable.
I am not able to get the plug-in to even show in my menus however. The documentation states that the plug-in should be available under Image but after numerous retries and fiddling, I am not able to get this to work.

Any help would be appreciated.

I find it ironic that I'm spending more time getting this to work than manually adding the text to each layer lol, but I know that it'll save me time in the upcoming projects.

After some more fiddling, I found a solution to my own problem. I am on Manjaro, and I don't know what the equivalent would be on other distros/platforms.

I had to install the python2-gimp package from the AUR. I either did not have the package that GIMP needs for plug-ins, or the script doesn't work with python3, or maybe both! I don't know what happens for what reason in plug-in development, but oh well. Any way, the plug-in works like a charm now.

Messages In This Thread
Trying to get "oft-interleave-layers" plug-in to work. - by gooose34 - 04-03-2022, 06:10 PM